NOTE: Services will likely be impacted in response to COVID-19. Please contact any service prior to visiting in person.
GTA COVID Vaccination and Transportation Assistance
Transportation to Vaccine Clinics - City of Toronto
Transportation for seniors, persons with disabilities and those who are immunocompromised
The City of Toronto has started an equity plan for transportation to vaccine appointments. Below are the instructions for seniors, persons with disabilities or persons who are immunocompromised and need transportation to a vaccine clinic:
- Book a vaccination appointment at a clinic location in one's area of the city.
- Contact the transportation program in the area to arrange for a ride to and from appointment. Appointments should be booked 72 hours before your appointment time. Availability is limited and rides are not guaranteed.
A support person or family member can accompany the senior on the ride, if needed.
- those living in central Toronto, visit Toronto Ride and fill out the transportation to vaccination form or call 416-481-5250.Toronto Ride will be transporting seniors who have absolutely no other way of getting to their appointment as well as adults with disabilities and people who are immunocompromised. The boundaries for vaccine clinics are as follows:
- highway 401 to the north
- the Lake to the south
- Etobicoke Creek / Highway 427 to the west
- Victoria Park to the east.
- those living in north Toronto, visit iRide and fill out the following form or call 1-844-474-3301. Prioritization will be given to seniors 75+ who have absolutely no other way of getting to their appointment, adults with disabilities and people who are immunocompromised.Trips will be scheduled on a first come first served basis. The boundaries for vaccine clinic areas are as follows:
- John St. to the north
- St. Clair Ave West to the south
- Dufferin St./Allen to the west
- Don Valley Parkway to the east.
- those living in Scarborough, visit Scarborough Ride or call 416 736-9372. Scarborough Ride will be transporting seniors, adults living with disabilities, and/or chronic illnesses. Intake is required. The boundaries for vaccine clinics with Scarborough Ride are as follows:
- Steeles to the north
- the Lake to the south
- Victoria Park to the west
- Pickering/Scarborough Border to the east.
Note that transportation vehicles are not accessible and clients should be able to step into the vehicles (with assistance). There will be approximately one hour between drop off at the vaccination clinic and pick up after the appointment.
Accessible Shuttle Bus to Mitchell Field Arena Mass Vaccination Site: there is an accessible shuttle bus leaving from Finch Station for seniors with mobility issues. The shuttle leaves the station on the half hour and on the hour. TTC staff will direct seniors to the shuttle. It will return seniors with mobility issues to Finch Station after their vaccination appointment.
Other Transportation Options for the City of Toronto
Ontario Works (OW) and Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP) Clients
Financial assistance for transportation to and from vaccine appointments may be available for clients; contact caseworker for details
Canadian Red Cross, Toronto Branch - Transportation
- for adults 18 years and older unable to use public transit because of physical or mental impairment and not eligible for Wheel-Trans
- call 416-236-3180
- serves City of Toronto
- call to register - call as many days in advance of appointment as possible
- rides available Mon-Fri 8:30 am-3:30 pm
- nominal fee based on distance travelled
- for people with permanent or temporary disabilities
- call 416-393-4111 to apply or apply online;
- specialized public transportation service using accessible buses, contracted accessible and sedan taxis
- transportation available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for registered clients
- serves entire City of Toronto
- registered clients can call 416-393-4222 to reserve a ride
- cost is a standard TTC fare (adult 1-way TTC fare is $3.25 in 2021)
- Varies by program
- Application Process
- Application varies by program
- English, Other languages may be available, call individual organizations for details
- Varies by program
- Documents Required
- Call individual organizations for details
- No physical location
- Agency Information
- View Agency Profile
- Last Updated On
- June 17, 2021
- No Physical Location
Open in Google Maps
- Hours of Operation
- Hours vary by agency
- Service Area(s)
- Greater Toronto Area