NOTE: Services will likely be impacted in response to COVID-19. Please contact any service prior to visiting in person.
GTA COVID Vaccination and Transportation Assistance
COVID-19 Vaccination Information/Management - York Region
Vaccination in Pharmacies
Some pharmacies in York Region offer Moderna to those 18 and older or Pfizer to those turning 12 years by the end of 2021 and older. The client must have a health card or other government issued identification.
To find a pharmacy, click vaccine locations Those 12-17 should book only with a location that offers Pfizer.
Appointments for Mass Vaccination Clinics
Those born in 2009 or older living, working or attending school in York Region can book appointments online at mass vaccination clinics by clicking link on desired location at section called book an appointment
People must be 18 and older at time of vaccination to receive Moderna. 12-17 year olds may only receive Pfizer (and must be at 12 years by the end of 2021).
Those 13 and under must have parent/guardian accompany them to give consent or must bring signed consent form to appointment
Walk-In Vaccination and Pop Up Clinics: Available to those born in 2009 and older for first or second doses. For more information, click www.york.ca/wps/portal/yorkhome/health/yr/covid-19/covid19vaccinationclinics and scroll down to Walk In and Pop Up Clinics - First or Second Dose
Pop Up Clinics: ?listed by Vaccine Hunters, click vaccinehunters.ca/oncentral
Persons eligible for third doses are:
- those living in long-term care homes, higher risk licensed retirement homes and First Nations elder care lodges;
- individuals receiving active treatment (e.g., chemotherapy, targeted therapies, immunotherapy) for solid tumour or hematologic malignancies;
- recipients of solid-organ transplant and taking immunosuppressive therapy;
- recipients of chimeric antigen receptor (CAR)-T-cell therapy or hematopoietic stem cell transplant (within two years of transplantation or taking immunosuppression therapy);
- individuals with moderate to severe primary immunodeficiency, such as DiGeorge Syndrome or Wiskott-Aldrich Syndrome;
- individuals with stage three or advanced untreated HIV infection and those with acquired immunodeficiency syndrome; and,
- individuals receiving active treatment with immunosuppressive therapies: anti-B cell therapies2 (monoclonal antibodies targeting CD19, CD20 and CD22), high-dose systemic corticosteroids, alkylating agents, antimetabolites, or tumor-necrosis factor (TNF) inhibitors and other biologic agents that are significantly immunosuppressive
- those who received two doses of vaccine not approved by Health Canada
Cancelling Appointments with York Region Mass Vaccination Clinics
- online - appointments can be cancelled online. If earlier second dose appointment made, original appointment cancelled automatically after earlier appointment is kept
- phone - call Access York at 1-877-464-9675 - appointments must be cancelled by phone if less than 24 hours until appointment.
Cancelling Appointments at a Pharmacy or Hospital Clinic
Each pharmacy and hospital has its own system
- online - most sites have cancellation information on their website. If confirmation email or text was sent on appointment booking, instructions on cancellation often contained there.
- phone - if there is a dedicated phone line for appointments/cancellation, it may be on clinic's website or in confirmation texts/emails. If that is not available, call number at which appointment was booked.
York Region residents can document COVID vaccination received outside of Ontario with the Public Health Unit of York Region by filling out online form listed under Register a Record of Vaccination Received Outside Ontario at york.ca/covid19vaccine
- Open to all, but different groups will be immunized during different phases of vaccine roll-out
- Application Process
- Application varies by location and population group
- English, Interpretation services may be available depending on location
- Documents Required
- No Ontario health card required, but other identification such as government-issued identification and proof of residence may be required - ask about or note identification requirements when booking appointment
- No physical location
- Agency Information
- View Agency Profile
- Last Updated On
- September 3, 2021
- No Physical Location
Open in Google Maps
- Hours of Operation
- Hours vary by location
- Service Area(s)
- York Region