NOTE: Services will likely be impacted in response to COVID-19. Please contact any service prior to visiting in person.
GTA COVID-19 Vaccination and Transportation Assistance
COVID-19 Vaccination Information/Management - York Region
Appointments for Mass Vaccination Clinics
- those 6 months and older living, working or attending school in York Region can book appointments by clicking link on desired location at section called book an appointment
- 13 and under must have parent/guardian accompany them to give consent or bring signed consent form to appointment
- walk-in vaccination and pop-up clinics for those 5 years and older, click walk-in and scroll to Walk-in Clinics. Note: walk-ins are temporarily on hold as of September 12 until further notice
- vaccination for children 6 months-5 years, and boosters for children 5-11 years by appointment only
COVID Vaccine Clinics for Child Care/Education Staff: www.fhvax.com/
GO-VAXX Mobile Vaccination Clinics/Mobile Indoor Vaccine Clinics
- GO-VAXX and mobile indoor clinics walk-in or by appointment; appointments via province's vaccine portal or call 1-833-943-3900.
- vaccinates 5 years and up, including boosters and bivalent vaccine for those eligible
- for GO-VAXX stops and mobile indoor vaccine clinic schedule: www.ontario.ca/page/go-vaxx-bus-schedule
Vaccination in Pharmacies
Ontario Health Card or other government issued identification required, click vaccine locations.
Vaccination of Children 6 Months - 4 Years
- parents can book appointments for COVID vaccine for children 6 months to under 5 years
- recommended interval between the first and second shot is 8 weeks, and minimum interval is 4 weeks
- vaccination for this age group is by appointment only, click www.york.ca/health/covid-19/covid-19-vaccination-clinics and scroll to Make an Appointment
- children 6 months to under 5 years can be vaccinated at participating pharmacies; select location with Paediatric Moderna under Filter Locations
Vaccination of Children 5-11 Years
- 5-11 years may be vaccinated at mass vaccination clinics. Book appointment or walk-in
- certain pharmacies can vaccinate children 5-11 years. Click pharmacies and select Paediatric Pfizer as Vaccine Type under Filter Locations.
- some family doctors, paediatricians and family health teams have vaccine clinics for their patients 5-11 years and will inform patients directly.
Third, Fourth, Fifth, Booster and Bivalent Vaccine Doses
- for information on third, fourth, fifth, booster and bivalent dose eligibility, visit www.york.ca/health/covid-19/covid-19-vaccination-clinics
In-Home Vaccination Request
Those who have physical, mental, or other needs and find it difficult to leave their home may qualify for in-home vaccination. Call Access York at 1-877-464-9675 to confirm eligibility.
Novavax and Janssen Vaccines
- there are monthly clinics for Novavax and Janssen, which are non mRNA vaccines
- those who wish Janssen vaccine need to bring a doctor's letter indicating that they cannot have mRNA vaccines or Novavax
- book appointment - appointments open 10 days before each clinic
- Open to all, but different groups will be immunized during different phases of vaccine roll-out
- Application Process
- Application varies by location and population group
- English, Interpretation services may be available depending on location
- Documents Required
- No Ontario health card required, but other identification such as government-issued identification and proof of residence may be required - ask about or note identification requirements when booking appointment
- No physical location
- Agency Information
- View Agency Profile
- Last Updated On
- October 5, 2022
- No Physical Location
Open in Google Maps
- Hours of Operation
- Hours vary by location
- Service Area(s)
- York Region