NOTE: Services will likely be impacted in response to COVID-19. Please contact any service prior to visiting in person.
GTA COVID Vaccination and Transportation Assistance
COVID-19 Vaccination Information/Management - York Region
- Pharmacy Pilot
Some pharmacies in York Region offer Moderna to those 18 and older or Pfizer to those 12 and older. The client must have a health card or other government issued identification.
To find a pharmacy, click vaccine locations Those 12-17 should book only with a location that offers Pfizer.
Appointments for Mass Vaccination Clinics
Those 12 and older living, working or attending school in York Region can book appointments online at mass vaccination clinics by clicking link on desired location at book vaccination appointment
People must be 18 and older at time of vaccination to receive Moderna. 12-17 year olds may only receive Pfizer (and must be at least 12 at time of vaccination).
Those 13 and under must have parent/guardian accompany them to give consent or must bring signed consent form to appointment?
Youth Friendly Clinics: family members 12 and older can receive vaccination together. Clinics have mental health resources and longer appointments. For youth friendly clinics and consent forms, click book vaccination appointment link above.
For more information call Access York at 1-877-464-9675 or phone number listed with each location.
Shortened Second Dose Intervals
Those 70 and older, those who received Pfizer or Moderna on or before May 9, Indigenous people, certain high risk health workers and people with certain highest risk medical conditions can book second dose appointments at a shortened interval.
Those who received AstraZeneca for a first dose, can receive AstraZeneca, Pfizer or Moderna for a second dose 8 weeks after first dose. They can contact location at which they received first dose to schedule second dose or another pharmacy, click vaccine locations
Those who had AstraZeneca as a first dose and want Pfizer or Moderna as a second dose (after 8 week interval) may also book at a mass immunization clinic, using the book vaccination appointment link above.
For more information, click shortened second dose interval
Cancelling Appointments with York Region Mass Vaccination Clinics
- online - appointments can be cancelled online. If earlier second dose appointment made, original appointment cancelled automatically after earlier appointment is kept
- phone - call Access York at 1-877-464-9675 - appointments must be cancelled by phone if less than 24 hours until appointment.
Cancelling Appointments at a Pharmacy or Hospital Clinic
Each pharmacy and hospital has its own system
- online - most sites have cancellation information on their website. If confirmation email or text was sent on appointment booking, instructions on cancellation often contained there.
- phone - if there is a dedicated phone line for appointments/cancellation, it may be on clinic's website or in confirmation texts/emails. If that is not available, call number at which appointment was booked.
- Open to all, but different groups will be immunized during different phases of vaccine roll-out
- Application Process
- Application varies by location and population group
- English, Interpretation services may be available depending on location
- Documents Required
- No Ontario health card required, but other identification such as government-issued identification and proof of residence may be required - ask about or note identification requirements when booking appointment
- No physical location
- Agency Information
- View Agency Profile
- Last Updated On
- June 14, 2021
- No Physical Location
Open in Google Maps
- Hours of Operation
- Hours vary by location
- Service Area(s)
- York Region