NOTE: Services will likely be impacted in response to COVID-19. Please contact any service prior to visiting in person.
- Provides primary healthcare services to new immigrants, including refugees, and to those who face barriers in accessing culturally-appropriate healthcare services.
Services include: immunizations, family contraceptive planning, triage service for urgent issues, mental health counselling and support, nutrition assessment and counselling, routine physical exams, pediatrics, pre-and post natal care, and many more.
- Government Assisted Refugees and Refugee Claimants. Newcomers who experience barriers to healthcare access. Privately-Sponsored Refugees.
- Application Process
- Contact for appointment
- Visit Website
- Arabic, Dari, English, Farsi, Russian, Somali
- Terri Bedminster, Executive Director
- Documents Required
- Documents outlined in application form
- Agency Information
- View Agency Profile
- Hamilton Public Library
- 183 Hughson St S, Lower Level
Hamilton, ON, L8N 2B6
Intersection: James St S and Charlton Ave E;
Refuge Hamilton Centre for Newcomer Health Site Location: Refuge Hamilton Centre for Newcomer Health
Open in Google Maps
- Hours of Operation
- Mon9:30 am to 2:30 pmTue9:30 am to 2:30 pmWed9:30 am to 2:30 pmThu9:30 am to 2:30 pmFri9:30 am to 2:30 pm
Administration hours : Mon-Fri 9:30 am-2:30 pm * Clinic hours vary. Appointments available on weekends and evenings.
- Service Area(s)