NOTE: Services will likely be impacted in response to COVID-19. Please contact any service prior to visiting in person.
Refuge Hamilton Centre for Newcomer Health
Refuge Hamilton Centre for Newcomer Health Services
Search Search Results Agency Service
Provides primary healthcare services to new immigrants, including refugees, and to those who face barriers in accessing culturally-appropriate healthcare services.
- Routine physical exams
- Immunizations for both adults and children
- Assessment and treatment of acute episodic illnesses
- Chronic disease management
- Family contraceptive planning
- Home visits
- Mental health counseling and support
- Nutrition assessment and counseling
- Information, advocacy, service referral and support
- Translation and interpretation services
- Health services navigation
- Triage service for urgent issues
- Pediatric care
- Newcomers who are experiencing barriers to healthcare access, government assisted refugees and refugee claimants, privately sponsored refugees.
- Application Process
- Contact for appointment.
- Visit Website
- Arabic, Dari, English, Farsi, Russian, Somali
- Documents Required
- Documents outlined in application form.
- Agency Information
- View Agency Profile
- Hamilton Public Library
- Last Updated On
- May 23, 2023
- 183 Hughson St S, Lower Level
Hamilton, ON, L8N 2B6
Refuge Hamilton Centre for Newcomer Health location in Downtown Hamilton.
Cross street: James St S and Charlton Ave E
Open in Google Maps
- Hours of Operation
- Mon8:00 am to 5:00 pmTue8:00 am to 5:00 pmWed8:00 am to 3:00 pmThu8:00 am to 5:00 pmFri8:00 am to 3:00 pm
Mon, Tue, Thu 8am-5pm; Wed, Fri 8am-3pm
- Service Area(s)